Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 33 *Weird Winter Weather*

Saturday we were wading and fishing in the Hiawassee and this afternoon this was the scene in our front yard.
Photobucket
It is so bizarre to watch the weather change this quickly. The forecast says that this wintry weather will be leaving just as quickly as it came and I am so glad to hear that. I love to take photos in the snow but I loathe cold weather. Here is my photo for day 33.
Photobucket
The snow had started to melt on these little pink buds and I managed to capture a reflection of the trees in the water drop.
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Love the shots, very nice close-up! Speaking of weather changing quickly: today it was 0C here, and tomorrow it is suppose to be -13C!! Burrrr! In Ontario, you can litterly wait 10 minutes and experience every season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving your photos, Meg. The shot of Prater's Mill is gorgeous and the close-up today is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've seen your blog. What beautiful pictures. I love the ice on the buds and the barn with the golden light. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - beautiful Macro of your rose buds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo! The close-up shot is great. I know what you mean about the weather changing so quickly. Although now we live somewhere where the weather varies little. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greats shots! I love the marcro of your rose buds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot...how cool that you got the reflection of the tree!
    I was hoping to see a little dusting of that snow. We got nothing. People all around us at least got to see it fall. Nope. Not here. Just rain. I think I am a snow repellant!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photo of the ice on the bud - great contrast between winter and spring in the one shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are having weather extremes down there!

    Love this macro, too! So neat that you got the trees' reflection in the water drop!

    ReplyDelete